The presiding deities in the temple are Lakshmi, Lord Srimannarayana, Sri Lakshmi Narayana and his consort, Sri Lakshmi Ammavaru.
It was a famous temple even during the 12th century, which found mention in the records between 1178 and 1218. Kulottunga III of the Chola dynasty was ruling this region at that time.
The temple witnessed many ups and downs. It was pushed to its nadir when the French forces ruled the region between 14th and 15th century. It was in 1986, when the temple was reconstructed by the Komandur family in the Pallava style of architecture.
Brahmotsavams is the annual festival.