INFLECTION, the name given to the changes in the end of words to indicate relations, not so common in English - being usually expressed among us by prepositions - as in Latin, Greek, and other languages, but occurring in English as king's, mine, ours, to indicate possession; inflection in nouns is called declension, and in verbs conjugation.

Contributors to this page: anypursuit .
Page last modified on Sunday November 30, 2014 16:54:20 GMT-0000 by anypursuit.

Turn Over